Hello! I'm back and ready to go. As many of you know, I live in Michigan and spring can mean all sorts of weather. We can have a sunny 70 degree day followed by an ice storm the next. With this bipolar weather can come bipolar skin, as it's not sure how to adapt to these crazy weather changes. A large percentage of the guests I've been seeing recently are experiencing this difficulty in balancing their skin so I figured we could all use some help. Today I would like to share my 5 tips for helping your skin in this transition period and get it glowing and ready for the summer!
1. Get on a routine. Regardless of what is going on with your skin, getting into a routine is the best thing you can do for it. Your body craves balance and your skin is no different. If you don't already have a solid skincare routine, I highly suggest starting here. If you're not one for spending a lot of time doing so, I recommend the three basic steps; cleanse, tone, and moisturize. No matter the skin type, do these three morning and night and I guarantee your skin will thank you.
2. Up your water intake. Even if you are usually great at drinking water, use this opportunity to commit to drinking the correct amount of water for your body (I recommend at least half your body weight in ounces, however I strive for much more than that every day)! You'd be amazed what I can tell from looking at a client's skin about how much water they consume.
3. Get a facial. Now you're probably thinking I'm recommending this only because I'm an esthetician but I promise that's not why I'm suggesting this. Every time you get a facial, we take a good look at what is actually going on with the skin. I can't tell you how many times I have a guest on my table who is either completely wrong about what their skin is actually like, or isn't sure what to do about the changes they are seeing in this transition season of weather. Your esthetician is there to guide you to the correct products and treatments based on what is actually happening that day. If you've ever been to a treatment with me you know I'm loaded with tips and tricks to help!
4. Exfoliation. Whether it be at home or at with your esthetician, it's important to exfoliate especially during this time of year. I have so many guests coming to be with dry, dead skin cells on the surface that are preventing the skin from glowing and looking bright. A good microdermabrasion, peel or enzyme mask, is just what you need to get rid of dead skin cells and allow your skin to really absorb and utilize the amazing products you put on afterwards.
5. Try some sleeping masks. I plan on making a post about this soon, but my latest obsession are sleeping masks. I love how they take no extra time on nights when I just want to get to bed because you use them in place of your moisturizer. You then wake up the next morning with completely refreshed skin! I've been trying a few different ones and can't wait to share with you what I've been loving so stay tuned.
I hope these tips help you get your skin where you want it! Spring is all about refreshing and rejuvenating your life and your skin should be no different!
As usual if you ever have questions about a specific skincare issue or product, please leave me comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you're in the greater Lansing area, come see me at Remedi Spa and Wellness and I'd love to pamper you and get your skin on track for summer!
Have a beautiful day,