While I love a good full on glam look like the next girl, you will 95% of the time find me with little makeup on in the summer time. As an oily skin type that only gets oilier in the hotter months, I hate having a full face on during the day. So today I bring you the SIX key products to keep in your purse so you can have an easy summer look, not only quickly, but with multiuse products. Each one can be used in multiple ways, which is always a bonus.
Dre's Summer Essentials:
1. Concealer stick: Perfect for multiple reasons, it will help with covering blemishes and under eye circles, evening out skin tone, highlighting your brow bone, and using as a base for eyeshadow! (Covergirl Trueblend shown above)
2. Powder: You can't get around this one this time of the year. Powder will even out your skin tone and help control oil, so it's a must to keep it on hand in the summer. (Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation shown)
3. Cool toned Bronzer: My favorite is Hoola by Benefit Cosmetics because it isn't too warm toned, which makes it great for contouring your face but also to use as a crease color so you don't have to carry around any eyeshadow.
4. Champagne highlighter: a face highlighter is great to not only enchnace a summer glow on your cheekbones, but you can also use it as an all over lid color instead of eyeshadow. MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Superb Shown)
5. Cream Blush Stain: Many companies make multiuse cheek and lip products so find a shade you love for both your lips and cheeks. I love a good natural coral that will give your skin a natural summer flush on both your cheeks and lips. (Stila Convertible Color shown)
6. Waterproof Mascara: a waterproof mascara is always good to keep on hand incase you want to intensify your look but if you keep a small eyeliner brush with you too, you can use the mascara as a gel eyeliner in a pinch! (tarte Lights! Camera! Splashes! Waterproof mascara shown)
My favorite thing to do in the summer is keep these 6 products, a travel pack of makeup remover wipes and blush, Bronzer, and eyeliner brushes in my purse as well. This way if I'm out and about with makeup already on or none at all, I can find a bathroom, quickly clean my face and apply these 6 products for a complete and easy summer look!
Don't be afraid to think outside of the box when it comes to makeup! There are no rules and you can use products however they work best for you!
Have a beautiful day,