Here I am with part two of my Fall Essentials! Time for the good stuff, MAKEUP!
In the fall, I typically go for a few basic looks:
-an intense and dark smokey eye with a nude lip
-winged liner, defined shadow, and dark, vampy lips,
-and a strong brow, lots of lashes, and a bright lip, not necessarily dark and vampy.
Here are the types of products I use to achieve these looks!
1. Nude Lipstick: My first look I mentioned requires a nice nude lip. Therefore, a few different nudes are vital in my fall makeup collection. I have so many favorites and the nude best for you really depends on your skin's undertones and how nude you want to go.
2. Warm Plum Eye Looks: I love warmer eyeshadow looks for fall and the combo of plums and purples with warm browns is really one of my favorites. I highly recommend the Amrezy Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills to create looks like this but there are many other shadows that will get the job done!
3. Matte Eyeshadows: My other favorite eyelook for fall is a simple matte shadow with am intense winged liner. It pairs perfectly with dark and vampy lipstick. Having a palette with matte browns like either the Naked Basics or Naked Basics 2 palette, gives you the ability to define the lid while keeping it very neutral. If you want a tutorial on how I do this click here for a look I created with my Naked Basics palette.
4. Matte Gel Eyeliner: Like I just mentioned, I love winged liner in the fall to pair with dark lips. I love how classic yet edgy it can be depending on what shade of lipstick you choose.
5. Matte Natural Blush: While I always do love a good amount of blush, I love a more natural and matte look for the winter. My favorite blushes of all time have to be Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushes but I especially love all the shades they have and the longevity of wear. They come in shimmery shades as well, but I live in their matte shades for Fall.
6. Defined Brows: Maybe it's because I'm an Arch Expert for Benefit Cosmetics but I love a good defined and strong brow in the colder months. I love them especially paired with winged liner and a dark lip, but let's be real. If you know me, you know that I always rock a strong brow year round.
7. They're Real Mascara: In order to pull off darker eye looks and thick winged liner, you need a great mascara to balance the look out. I live for Benefit's They're Real so it probably comes as no shock that I'm posting about it. The brush and formula both stand out among all of the other mascaras I've ever tried and if you haven't tried it out yet, WHAT are you waiting for?!
8. Dark and Vampy Lipstick: Didn't see this one coming did you? Haha I saved my favorite for last because I simply can't get enough dark lipstick in the fall. I am constantly purchasing it and finding new shades I love, both drugstore and higher end. If you missed my post about one of my favorite shades and formulas click here. I know that if you aren't used to dark shades they can be hard to get used to so start small with lip stains, glosses, or tinted balms, and slowly work your way up to the good stuff! Haha
What makeup products/looks do you gravitate towards in the Fall?
Have a beautiful Wednesday,